Monday, June 25, 2012

Farmer's cooking starts tourist boom in northern India

A farmer has been responsible for a remarkable tourism boom in northernmost India.

Mani Ram of Jana village near Manali in the remote district of Kullu has been wooing visitors with his desi (traditional) food, the Times of India reports.

A decade ago, only a handful of tourists would pass through the area, but thanks to Mr Ram's efforts, Jana has become something of a destination.

"I used to invite my foreigner friends to taste my desi food 11 years ago, who themselves advertised this place and people started searching for me. [The] number of my customers has increased from less than five in 2002 to more than 300 today and it is increasing every year," he told the news provider.

Reference

No comments:

Post a Comment